Foam: Total War
March 29, 2024, 05:55:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Announcements

Home Help Search Links Staff List Members Login Register  

Titan Modification From Stryker Arms

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Titan Modification From Stryker Arms  (Read 363 times)
Sarge
Spartan-117
Administrator

Hoo-rah!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 23, 2007, 06:26:55 pm »

Hello, everyone. I finally got my Titan after more than a month of checking stores and waiting for delivery! I got it last Wednesday and modded it Saturday, but right after I finished I went to my friend's house for D&D until 6:15 Sunday. Today I almost died at full-day soccer camp but I managed to get some time now for a quick write-up. Onward!

Materials
--Titan
--Longshot extension barrel or like
--Hotglue/gun (as always, epoxy is better)
--9/16ths brass
--Pocket knife or dremel
--Coping saw
--Barrel post (optional)

Barrel System
To do this mod you must cut the AR off the end of the stock Titan barrel (unless you don't want to fire the missile or stabilize the barrel). About 1.4 centimeters should do. I sanded down the end to take away the roughness and the edges on the end to make it not rip up the inside of the missile. Now take your LS extension barrel and cut it to 6.6 inches. There is a slanted thing in the back AR, you will want to completely level it and enlarge the inside of the little hole it's in by a teny tiny bit. Fit the flattest side of the LS barrel into that hole and make sure it's straight (you can check by screwing the stock barrel on). Hot glue or epocy it on,  but make sure not to let any glue get on the threads or right above them. Now cut the brass to 6.8 inches and wrap 2-3 layers of E-tape on it. here are some pictures of the system and the brass. The front side of the brass is the one with no E-tape on the very edge.

Now just cut some cardboard of foam-cor into a circle with a hole in the middle (I haven't done it yet) and slide it over the LS barrel, with the outside edge of the circle moderately tight against the inside of the Titan barrel. To use the blaster, put a dart in the back end of the 9/16 and slide it into the LS barrel. Pump 16 times if you haven't plugged the pump, level, and fire. I got around 100 feet flat with streamlines and my AP dart (look below), and about 150 angled. It won't go through cardboard for some reason but that's why I made my AP dart.

Behold, the SA-01 Prometheus HAP-R (by Stryker Arms)

HAP-R means Heavy Armor Piercing-Rifle.

Armor Piercing Dart
This should be pretty obvious. Just cut the barrel post in half and stick the least sharp ends into the holes of two darts (you have to take out the heads of course) and hotglue them in.  Remember" DO NOT SHOOT THESE AT PEOPLE! Except maybe if they are mugging you . They are designed for piercing cardboard so you know where your shot went if you are doing target practice, and just to see the huge hole . They do actually get as good as or better ranges than streamlines, so you could also use them to impress your friends with the range of your Titan.

There is a little problem sometimes with fishtailing; it can be solved in two ways:
1) pumping only 8-10 times
2) cross-drilling holes in the end of the brass

I hope you liked Stryker Arms' latest, first, and probably last for quite a while, modification.
Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

-Sarge
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 03:50:14 pm by Sarge » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: